The Budget Billing Plan (the “Plan”) allows you to pay your Greenville Utilities bill with a scheduled amount each month. Your payment amount is calculated by taking your estimated yearly consumption and dividing it by twelve to calculate an average monthly amount.
To be eligible for the Plan:
- Be a residential customer.
- Have a good payment history for at least 12-months prior to enrollment.
- Make a timely monthly payment for the Total Amount Due listed on your bill. Paying over or under the monthly Total Amount Due on your bill will disqualify you from the Plan.
- Failing to pay your monthly bill on time, will disqualify you from the Plan.
- You must not have a Pay Plan or Payment Arrangement with GUC at the time of enrollment.
While on the Plan, you are still obligated to pay for your actual consumption. GUC will review the monthly budget billing amount periodically to determine if the amount should be adjusted due to a change in consumption patterns. The amount may be increased or decreased depending on consumption. If a change takes place, we will send you a letter to let you know there’s been a change to your Plan.
While on the Plan, your account balance will accumulate either a credit or debit balance depending on your 12-month consumption pattern, this balance will be displayed on your bill as an outstanding account balance. If you disconnect service while on the Plan, your final bill amount will include the outstanding account balance.
If you have a debit balance, meaning your monthly payments were less than your consumption, a final payment will be required to cover this balance. If you have a credit balance, meaning that your monthly payments exceeded your consumption, a refund will be issued to you after covering all outstanding balances with GUC.
Should you fail to meet eligibility criteria while on the Plan, you will be removed from the Plan and there is a 12-month waiting period to re-enroll.
Signing up for Budget Billing is easy!
- The easiest way is to enroll when you are logged into your GUC account online.
- You can sign up in person at our Main Office, 401 S. Greene Street, or GUC Express, 509 SE Greenville Boulevard.
- Or, you may call 252-752-7166 and one of our Customer Contact Representatives will be happy to help you.