We are taking the spread of COVID-19 very seriously. Because we care about our customers, employees, and community, we are making some changes. During this challenging time, please know that GUC remains fully operational and has plans in place to ensure we will be able to continue to provide the reliable, life-sustaining utility solutions you depend on. We are here for you and we will get through this together.
The customer service centers at the Main Office on Greene Street and our GUC office at 509 SE Greenville Boulevard (across from Olive Garden) will be closed to customers.
Customers can do business with GUC the following ways:
Drive-thru - Drive-thru lanes are open Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. at both our locations. Four windows are now open at our Main Office on Greene Street in Uptown Greenville. Lanes are also open at our Greenville Boulevard location (across from Olive Garden). We're offering these extended hours during this crisis, and they could change based on customer usage and feedback. Be sure to check back for current hours.
|Drop Box - Drop boxes are available 24/7 at both our locations. At our Main Office, it's on the Washington Street side of the building. At our Greenville Boulevard location (across from Olive Garden), it's in drive-thru lane #1.|
Online - Customers can pay their bills online as well as start, stop, and transfer service 24/7 and even chat with a customer service representative during regular business hours.
Phone - 252-752-7166 - customers can pay their bill using a credit card via phone or speak with a representative about their bill and their personal situation.
- Due to the growing concern regarding the economic effect this pandemic is having and will be having on our customers, GUC is temporarily suspending all disconnections due to non-payment and will be helping customers who need help work out payment plans on an individual basis. Customers who have received past due notices and will not be able to pay their bill need to call GUC at 252-752-7166 to speak with a Customer Service Representative about their specific situation.
- Most in-home services requiring employees to enter a customer’s home or business have been suspended, including home energy audits. Customers who require services where GUC employees need to go inside should not be alarmed when employees arrive for the appointment wearing protective gear such as a respirator and Tyvek suit for their own and the customer’s protection. These visits will all be scheduled ahead of time.
- All tours of the Water Treatment Plant and the Wastewater Treatment Plant are suspended until further notice.
- All energy audits have been postponed until further notice and will be evaluated further at that time. We will be happy to assist customers over the phone. Money-saving information can also be found on our website at guc.com/ways-save.
- Pursuant to NC General Statute 143-318.13, Greenville Utilities Commission is providing notice that it will conduct its upcoming Board Meeting scheduled for March 19, 2020, at 12:00 noon telephonically. Please call our office at 252-551-1500 to obtain the call-in information.